The heart of APPSON will be our dedicated and passionate team of volunteers. Committees are composed of members who are committed to furthering the mission of the association members.
In taking the decision to join a committee, please ensure that you choose on that will showcase your core competence and passion so that there will be maximum membership value for you and the association.he heart of APPSON will be our dedicated and passionate team of volunteers. Committees are composed of members who are committed to furthering the mission of the association members.
The committees are as follow:
LEARNING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
- Delivers educational programming to members that is timely and relevant.
- Identify the educational needs of the industry and develops programs to deliver the information through a variety of mediums.
- Oversees the continuing education program as well as plan to have a certified specialization programs in the future.
TRADE SHOW/EVENT COMMITTEE
- Organizes world class trade fairs, provides all the logistics required.
- Taking charge of every event i.e. seminar, workshops, awards, dinner etc.
- Ensures that members of the association receive value from their membership.
- Recruits new members and retains current members by delivering programs and benefits that have a positive impact on members’ businesses.
- Process documentation, screen potential members for eligibility.
- Influences the publishing of newsletters by ensuring the content of the publication provides value to its readers.
- Disseminate information to members.
- Oversees the online presence of APPSON.
- Ensures the association offers a high functioning, user-friendly website
- Oversees the selection of award recipients as well as put in place criteria for selection of awardees to ensure that excellence in the industry is recognized.
- Ensures prudent management of resources and good corporate governance.
- Solicit for sponsors and funding for various APPSON projects.
- Ensures accounts are audited and presented to members as at when due.
- Takes care of members welfare, like birthdays, anniversaries, celebrating milestones, bonding and issues.
DISCIPLINARY/CONFLICT RESOLUTIONS/ETHICS COMMITTEE
- Responsible for conflict resolution.
- Enforcing code of conduct and discipline.
- Punish misconduct and rewards good conduct.
GOVERNMENT RELATIONS/REGULATORY BODIES COMMITTEE
- Ensures that good relationship is maintained with various government agencies that members interface with e.g. Customs, FIRS, LIRS, etc.
- Establish good rapport and lobby government as well as influence their decisions in favour of our industry.
AS WE GROW, THE COMMITTEE WILL BE EXPANDED AND INCREASED AS THE NEED ARISES.